Top 5 Non-Candy Halloween Treats
Earlier this month, we highlighted a campaign let by the Food and Allergy Research and Education Organization (FARE) called “Teal Pumpkin Project” which seeks to raise awareness about the potentially deadly “tricks” in Halloween trick-or-treating for families affected by food allergies.
With one in 13 children in the United States affected by a food allergy of some kind, we’re sharing five non-candy substitutes business owners can also hand out this year to trick-or-treaters who might not be able to experience the traditional food options which might be harmful to them due to allergies.
Here are some of our favorite non-candy treats to make Halloween a positive, fun, safe and happy experience for all.
- Bubbles – Check out what this mom did to make bubbles Halloween-themed “Booooo-bbles”
- Glow Sticks – Dress up your glow sticks to make them witches brooms or buy them in bulk and give trick-or-treaters a little bit of “light” on Halloween night!
- Bouncy Balls – Use the bouncy balls that look like eyeballs to give them a spooky spin.
- Vampire Teeth – Attach a fun note about remembering to brush your teeth or use glow in the dark vampire teeth so kids can wear them on the rest of the trick-or-treat route.
- Whistles – For about $2 per dozen whistles, these Halloween ghost and pumpkin whistles are the gifts that keep on giving.