When you take a close look at the numbers, it all adds up – a Kiddie Academy® Educational Child Care franchise is a great investment!
- 1981 – The first Kiddie Academy location opened in Baltimore County, Maryland.
- 1992 – The first Kiddie Academy franchise opened in Elkton, Maryland, starting the national expansion of our brand.
- 225 – As of June 1, 2019, there are 225 Kiddie Academy locations open in the United States.
- 29 – As of June 1, 2019, there are Kiddie Academy locations in 29 states and the District of Columbia.
- 13 – As of June 1, 2019, 13 new Academies have opened this year.
- 250 – By the end of 2019, we anticipate having approximately 250 Academies open nationwide.
- 7 – Kiddie Academy’s ranking in the Forbes 2019 Best Franchises to Buy
- 54% – More than half our current Franchisees own more than one Academy. That’s a testament to the satisfaction Kiddie Academy Franchisees have with our business model.
- 22% – Our system-wide revenue growth in 2018 was among the reasons we were the only franchisor of children’s learning centers recognized in Franchise Times’ Fast & Serious list, a ranking of the smartest-growing franchise brands.
- 18 million – That’s how many children under age 5 that are in some form of child care every week. Analysts predict the industry will continue to grow for years to come. 
- $53 billion – That’s the current estimated annual revenue generated by the child care industry in the United States. 
Early Childhood Learning Centers Industry in the U.S. – IBISWorld
Child population by age group – Kidscount.org data center
 Day Care Industry in the U.S. – IBISWorld
Get started on your path to Kiddie Academy franchise ownership by filling out this no-obligation questionnaire.